18:45 Sarah Irwin – Effectively building out an in-house function from scratch at a rapidly scaling start up
19:30 Get-together and dinner
Wednesday, 19 October 2022
09:05 Guy Pendell – Technology transformation and disruption: predicting the future or managing risk? – How does a 2,000 year old profession prepare itself for the next 10 years?
09:40 Andreas Bong – It’s a party, not a funeral – Legal departments of the future
10:15 – 11:00
Session 1 – Contemporary privacy challenges in the EU
- Denis Kelleher – The EU’s evolving privacy laws
- Sally-Anne Hinfey – Privacy regulation for data driven businesses – can we achieve positive sum not zero sum?
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 – 13:15
Session 2 – The journey of digitalisation for legal departments
- Colm O’Connor – Legal disruption in financial services – an evolving landscape
- Matt Pollins – Using technology to transform outside counsel collaboration
- Ruud van Herpen – Digital transformation for legal departments of enterprises: challenges, priorities, and pitfalls.
13:15 – 14:15 Lunch break
14:15 – 16:00
Session 3 – Legal Disruption in a corporate environment
- Julienne Jameson – How Legal Departments can influence and disrupt the direction of digital transformation of a business.
- Antonio Papalino – How do lawyers use digital solutions? The impact of COVID-19 in changing habits for company lawyers.
- Gianluca Campus – Legal aspects of Cloud services: distribution and reproduction of copyright contents